Sunday, September 18, 2005

Time to Get This Thing Going!

There never seems to be time to update my actual website so I'm going to jump into this blogging thing. I imagine I will update this on a fairly regular basis (fingers crossed). You know, to tell you guys about what I'm up to, whether it's about comics, hockey or life.

Speaking of hockey, the NHL is going to start up in a few weeks and I am stoked! Man, it's been waaaaay too long since the puck was dropped. My team, the Atlanta Thrashers, have gone through some interesting (saddening?) changes in the off season. The loss of Heately is big. I mean BIG. Sure Hossa is a great player, but come on, Danny Heately is going to be a franchise player for many years to come. But, I understand his personal need to get away from Atlanta. It would be hard on anybody to be constantly reminded of the events that unfolded there. Plus, playing hockey in your home country is also a reasonable desire. So I hold no ill feelings, Danny. I wish you much success in *cough* Ottawa *cough*.

The non signing of Ilya Kovalchuk is very disheartening. I'm sure Don Waddell (Thrasher GM) has tried to get him back in uniform, but I can't help feel that this could have been avoided. Waddell must have seen this coming.......

The Thrashers have made some great moves, though. They grabbed Bobby Holik as the CBA was still drying. The addition of Modry, Havelid and de Vries has given them a solid top 4 on defense. The signing of Mike Dunham as backup/mentor for Kari Lehtonen. And, I just read on TSN.ca that they have signed Peter Bondra (for next to nothing, too). So all is not lost!

On the comics front, I'm working on EMPTY CHAMBER, the espionage book written by A. David Lewis (of Mortal Coils and Lone and Level Sands fame). Things are moving along nicely. I'll try and give you sneak peeks at it as time goes on....... I've also got a anthology of Monster vs Robot stories shaping up. Good friends Alex Ness and Michael May are in on the action, writing the stories that I will draw. I may even have room for more....... time will tell.

Well, that's it for now.
Feel free to leave me comments

9 Comments:

Blogger alex-ness said...

Hey dude

Nice blog.

Go Senators!!!!

September 18, 2005 4:41 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, man! Glad you could make it.

September 18, 2005 4:46 PM  
Blogger ADL said...

I feel like, upon opening this entry in their browser, folks should get treated to a rendition of "Let's Get It Started (In Here)" over their computer speakers. ;-)

September 18, 2005 5:32 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

ADL!
Welcome, my friend, welcome!

September 18, 2005 5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude!! Another blog!! I'll add you up to mine on my next update! Welcome to blog-world.

September 18, 2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Ed, you are most gracious. Thanks, man.

And, welcome!

September 18, 2005 6:00 PM  
Blogger Michael May said...

Hey, Sweet Cakes! You don't mind if I call you Sweet Cakes, do you?

Welcome to Blogville.

September 18, 2005 8:25 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

About time. And, like, welcome and stuff.

September 18, 2005 9:36 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Michael - How did you know I liked to be called Sweet Cakes! Have you been reading my diary? Thanks for the Blogville welcome!

Jason - It was about time, wasn't it? Welcome, Mr. Rodriguez!

September 18, 2005 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home