Monday, April 14, 2008

The Winner Takes It All

Wow. I'm in an Eisner nominated book! I'm sure it was my work on Matt Dembicki's story "Send Louis His Underwear" that got Postcards the nomination. (Insert rolling eyes smiley here). Here's the category we're nominated for and the competition we're up against:

Best Anthology

Best American Comics 2007, edited by Anne Elizabeth Moore and Chris Ware (Houghton Mifflin)
5, by Gabriel Bá, Becky Cloonan, Fabio Moon, Vasilis Lolos, and Rafael Grampa (self-published)
Mome, edited by Gary Groth and Eric Reynolds (Fantagraphics)
Postcards: True Stories That Never Happened, edited by Jason Rodriguez (Villard)
24Seven, vol. 2, edited by Ivan Brandon (Image)

See all the nominations here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho-ley shit! Good job man!

April 17, 2008 11:07 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Ian! I know it was my work that got us the nom, I just know it.

April 19, 2008 2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I've read BEST AMERICAN COMICS (not to be confused with Alan Moore's America's Best Comics, right?) and MOME (worst title for a book ever) and you're in some good company.

I was asked to illustrate a story for the second volume of POSTCARDS (if there ever is one) written by Joshua Dysart. It's a sad, haunting tale.

May 01, 2008 4:02 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Leif! Yeah, it's cool to be part of a nominated book. Maybe if it wins, Villard will put out the second volume.

June 10, 2008 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home