Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Wrapped Around My Finger


I'm trying not to start every post with a shot at Blogger but getting stuff up on my blog has become a real pain. Anyways....

I drew this last night with absolutely no idea what I was drawing until I already drew the hand around the smaller figure's legs. The hand originally was going to be robotic (you can see the metal "seams" around the fingers) but somehow the figure ended up being the Hulk. So then I added some tech-y stuff to the flying figure and suddenly it was Iron Man. Go figure.

100% ink on paper. I plan on colouring this... but that will be done digitally.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Exner III said...

This is pretty sharp, Jason. It's interesting reading the process, because that's the only time I really start to notice things that might be a little off here or there. It would have been really cool to watch you draw this from start to finish.

March 02, 2010 11:27 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Yeah, my stuff is always full of things that are slightly off. ha!

March 02, 2010 1:38 PM  
Blogger Jamie Parks said...

Why is it a pain? Are you just trying to keep your images living on your server and not on bloggers/googles?

Also, not sure if this will really bypass blogger's decision to block FTP uploads, but you may want to try using http://scribefire.com , a browser based blogging tool. I've used it for a few years to post to several of my sites when in firefox. Anyway, may or may not be any help for you, just figured I'd throw it out there..

and yeah, 'slightly off' is the new on..

March 02, 2010 4:54 PM  
Blogger Warrior27 said...

I really like this loose style. With the swathes of black, it evokes the frantic nature of the confrontation. Reminds me a bit of Sienkiewicz or Charlie Adlard. Nice stuff.

chris

March 09, 2010 3:17 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Chris!

March 11, 2010 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home