Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Another Record

I bought the new 2cd Kate Bush album, Aerial, a fews weeks ago. It's good to see Kate back making music. The first disc, Sea of Honey, is solid. There are a few tracks that don't quite do it for me but overall, it's quite good. The second disc, Sky of Honey, is most excellent. It's a "conceptual suite" that covers the progression of a 24 hour day. I'm a total sucker for conceptual albums, so it's no surprise that I really dig this disc.

Anyways, I've been listening to Aerial every night since I picked it up. It fits the latenight drawing bill perfectly. I've also been listening to Tool's Lateralus and Kyuss' .... And the Circus Leaves Town.

Last post's title was a song title from:
Thunder and Consolation by New Model Army

The quintessential NMA album. Fiery and poetic. A punch in the face and a kiss on the forehead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael May said...

Adding Aerial to my Amazon Wish List. I've always liked Kate Bush and I too am a sucker for a good concept album.

Thanks for the tip!

December 28, 2005 7:30 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

And did you notice the album I'm talking up at the bottom of this blog entry?

The New Model Army is calling out to you, Michael!

December 29, 2005 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home