Friday, December 09, 2005

The Package

Wow. Long time no write.

I took a puck in my hand last Sunday and it threw me off my blogging pace. I was struck by a slap shot on my ring finger that caused it to swell up pretty bad. Luckily, I took my wedding ring off before it got really swollen! I don't think I broke it ( my finger, not the ring (and no, I didn't go to the hospital to have it x-rayed)) but it sure did/does hurt. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to lose my nail on that finger. We'll see. I play again this coming Tuesday night. It should be feeling better by then.....

It was like Christmas today! I got 2 packages in the mail, just hours apart from each other. The first one was my latest shipment of comics from DCBS! Here's what comic book treasures were encased within:

  • Y: The Last Man vol1 TPB
  • Y: The Last Man vol6 TPB
  • Catwoman: When In Rome HC
  • Sleeper vol2 (season 1)
  • Smoke TPB
  • Invincible vol2
  • Doomed Magazine #1

I'm so stoked to get into these! Especially the Doomed Mag. Not only does it contain art by Ashley Wood, the magazine also showcases sequential work by Ted McKeever and Eduardo Barretto! IDW has a great eye for talent, as this book, and Smoke, clearly demonstrates.

I'm picking up the trades for Y: The Last Man after reading the first 4 volumes that I found at my place of work..... the Vancouver Public Library! I think Jackie is going to love this series, too.

I'll tell you about the second package in my next post.

Last post's title was a song title from: ssss Rebel Yell by Billy Idol

Billy Idol was one of the first music artists that I REALLY got into. I freakin' LOVED this album! I was so into him that I even spiked my hair. It lasted about a week until I found out that styling my hair was not as easy as it looked.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Schamberger said...

Doomed was a very entertaining read, with some great art. I think you'll dig it.

December 11, 2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Yeah, I finished it last night and I loved this book. The art was top notch and the stories were dark and twisty.....

ADL, you'd like this book.

December 11, 2005 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home