Friday, November 18, 2005

In The Gallery

Steven Grant writes some very interesting articles over on his COMIC BOOK RESOURCES.COM column. This week's offering features a look into the Art vs. Craft issue that comic creators sometimes overlook, in regards to their work. I'm still working on the craft aspect more so than the Art aspect. Hopefully, I'll hit that point where the craft just comes naturally and the Art can start kickin' ass!

Speaking of Art....... or is it craft...?

Here's another page of monster stuff. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got EMPTY CHAMBER pages to work on.

Last post's title was a song title from:
Scary Monsters by David Bowie

The last truly amazing album from Bowie. It was a return to "conventional rock & roll " for Bowie, who had been off making experimental records with Brian Eno, in Germany.

I have the Rykodisc version of Scary Monsters which has a couple of really cool bonus tracks that aren't on the new EMI pressings. Bowie's updated version of "Panic in Detroit" is worth the price alone. Track it down if you can.

5 Comments:

Blogger ADL said...

Damn skippy you've got Empty Chamber pages to work on -- Get back to it, slacker!! ;-)

Seriously, though, I got to see a great deal of Jason's alien stuff back when we were brainstorming a big sci-fi epic a few years back. His extraterrestrial stuff is phenomenal!

November 18, 2005 7:59 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, man!

Yeah, I've got some fun sci-fi stuff in mind for future projects. Now I just need time to put all the ideas down!

November 18, 2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Rob Schamberger said...

I'm really partial to Bowie's Heathen, which I think was totally under-rated. I feel he was hitting a lot of the same emotional content as he was back in the late 60's with it. The highlight of the album to me, though, is the bonus disc with the new recording of 'Conversation Piece', that really hits you in the emotional gut.

November 23, 2005 11:42 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Hey Rob!

Well..... I was let down with Heathen. I really liked Bowie's hours, the album before , but I felt Heathen was hours part 2.

Although, the cover of the Pixies song "Catus" was an interesting choice.

November 23, 2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

I meant "Cactus"......
Oh yeah, and the Neil Young song, "I've Been Waiting For You", Bowie covered was interesting, too. And, strangely, the Pixies also covered that particular Young song as a b-side track on their "Velouria" cd single.

November 23, 2005 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home