Monday, September 21, 2009

Last Rose of Summer

I just can't seem to get the Turtles out of my mind when I sit to sketch. In truth, Donatello was the one turtle that I never really got excited about. To a young boy, his weapon was just too boring. C'mon, a big long stick? Plus, Don was the brainy one that would sit in the corner and mix broken appliances and such. Borrrrrrring. But, here's my take on an older Donatello.

I drew this while sitting in the front yard taking in the last of the summer sun.

Marker and whiteout on paper.
Colour version of this will happen in the next day or so.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian Explosivo said...

I could never stand Michaelangelo. "Dude! Cowabunga! Let's get some pizzas!" Even as a little kid I was thinking "Hey asshole! You're in a war against the Foot Clan NINJAS! Pull your head out of your ass and be more like Raphael or you're going to get everyone killed!" At least Donnie was smart.

September 21, 2009 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home