Thursday, March 25, 2010

Suspended In Gaffa

Another inked panel from the Zombie Bomb! story. I've been using this trick of having only partial panel borders to help give panels a little extra interest, visually. Basically, I only draw the panel borders where the characters/background elements touch the panel border and I leave the rest of the panel out. I think it helps give the panel a sense of "suspended time", making the panel read for a slightly longer story beat. That make any sense...?

Anyway, the pages are looking good and I can't wait to for everyone to see the final product.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Exner III said...

I think "Understanding Comics" had some interesting things to say about how the way panel borders are crafted affecting the way a comic could be read too. Nice to see you experimenting so much, man.

March 25, 2010 11:38 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Yeah, I've made that book my comics bible. It's one of the few tricks I use but I should try to do more...

March 25, 2010 1:44 PM  
Blogger Micah Farritor said...

I love this panel. Just love it.
-Micah

March 25, 2010 1:47 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Micah!

March 25, 2010 4:04 PM  
Blogger David said...

It looks great and achieves the effect you were going for.

April 01, 2010 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home