Thursday, October 20, 2005

Flash of the Blade

What ever happened to the ELRIC: The Making of a Sorcerer mini series by Moorecock and Simonson? The first 2 issues, of the 4 issue series, were released eons ago, with little word as to why/when the rest of the books would come our way. Has anyone got any news about this revoltin' situation?

Actually......Has Simonson done anything since those 2 issues? I may just be having a brain fart, but I can't think of anything.........

EDIT: I just found this bit of info here

Elric: The Making Of A Sorcerer #3
The Third Dream: The South Wind's Soul is on it's way to production. There has been a noticable amount of time between the second and third chapter, the problem, as was hinted at above is addressed directly by Walt, "Here's the short story. I've just begun working on Elric 4. And Elric 3 is virtually finished--I'm referring to the coloring here; I finished the inks a couple of weeks back. I think the color will be in DC's hands, complete, Monday or so. The individual issues are taking me about 5 months to complete which is a lot longer than I ever anticipated." The outlook for chapter 4 is some four months. It's unclear at this time when DC will release chapters 3 & 4.


I guess that's what Simonson has been up to these pass months! Excellent!

Last post's title was a song title from:
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC*DC

That's right. 2 AC*DC song titles in a row!

3 Comments:

Blogger ADL said...

I dunno chronologically which came first for his workload, but Simonson did have a hand in DC's Day of Vengeance mini-series these last few months that may have taken some time (though not enough to derail this Elric series, really).

October 20, 2005 5:39 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

cool. Thanks, Dave.
I'm not entangled in any of those large "event" comic stories so I tend to miss stuff like that.... I got suckered into buy a bunch of Marvel Secret II crossover comics, back in the day. They were all shit and I decided that the whole crossover-thing just wasn't my bag.

October 20, 2005 7:33 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

I meant "Marvel Secret Wars II"....

November 06, 2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home