Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Thrill Of It All

I got a small shipment from DCBS yesterday! Man I love getting these packages! Here's what the Postal Carrier brought to my front door:
  • WARMAGEDDON #1
  • Y: THE LAST MAN "RING OF TRUTH" TP
  • CEREBUS "FORM AND VOID" TP
  • SLEEPER "OUT IN THE COLD" TP

The WARMAGEDDON book is something I've read a lot about on the Digital Webbing site. I was intrigued by the format, mostly. Magazine sized comic on newsprint with 64 pages. I've ordered the first 2 issues to see if I like it. Although, I just read on www.warmageddon.com that Diamond has dropped them because of low sales....... hmmmmmm......

The Y: The Last Man is a frickin' great book! The penciller, Pia Guerra, is a local talent, to boot!

Cerebus..... I collected CEREBUS up until "GOING HOME". I lost interest for a while, but recently I decided to finish it up. Please, don't tell me how it all ends, though! I've been buying the last few trades and saving them to read in one big go. I just have to wait for the last one, which should ship in December. I can see how my Christmas vacation is going to be spent!

Sleeper was one of those books I decided I would get later, if the book was well recieved. And it was well recieved. But, it took me a 50% discount to finally throw down some hard earned cash for it. I'll let you know what I think shortly.......

Last post's title was a song title from:

Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury by The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy

2 Comments:

Blogger L Jamal Walton said...

Jason, if after reading Warmageddon #1 you are interested in #2, we will still be releasing #2 in Feb 2006 followed by Warmageddon graphic novels.

October 19, 2005 6:23 AM  
Blogger Mike Imboden said...

So what didja think, Jason? Warmageddon - thumbs up or thumbs down?

October 19, 2005 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home