Monday, October 24, 2005

Orange Crush

It's official. I've given up carbonated cola beverages and their like. I'm on day 4. Well, technically, I'm back on day 1 as I will confess that I had a Slurpee yesterday...... but, I'm going to give them up, too. That's right, Jackie, I'm giving up Slurpees, too!

I'm at work, on lunch, as I write this and I'm having water with my food! Now, this may not seem like a big deal to most of you but, for someone like me who lives on this stuff, this is indeed a big deal.

It's going to be hard to keep from breaking down....... but I want to be able to set a good example for Stewart and drinking this crap continuously is not the way to do it.

Looks like the Cola War has ended!

Last post's title was a song title from:
Tommy by The Who

An excellent concept album.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason Copland said...

Is this spam?
I've got the verification thingy on..... but this reeks of a fake meatlike substance......

October 24, 2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

You got smart spam that can get around the verification thingee.

I tried the no carbonated beverages - I'm happy with keeping it only diet beverages and in moderation.

October 25, 2005 11:43 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

See.... me and moderation just don't get along. I'm an all or nothing kinda guy. I've tried the diet cola route, but it just seems to lead me back to the hard stuff.

October 25, 2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger The Mad Alaskan said...

I can relate to the all or nothing mindset, I get stuck there myself. However, I think that's something else you can "beat"....and really that's one more way in which you'll be providing the small dude with another good example! ;) Moderation really does seem to be the key...overindulgence can be all kinds of bad depending on what you're indulging in, and 100% denial...well, for most people that seems to lead to a spontaneous reversion. :D You just get to a point where you say HECK WITH THIS and in your case drinka case of soda in a day and get completely off track. Moderation, baby.

Except when drawing....you need to do that about 39 hours a day. ;)

A few months back I initiated a plan where I don't drink soda of any kind, eat absolutely no ice cream (ice cream is my kryptonite) and have NO fast food (with the occasional exception of a taco salad or something if I'm feeling the need to sit in the car for 20 minutes in a line and talk to a metal box before eating)....anyway I do all that for 4 weeks then, if I was successful I get a few sodas and a fast food or delivery meal and maybe a little pint of ice cream to sort of spread out over a Friday night/Saturday day. Then it's foridden for another 4 weeks.

I've lost about 40 pounds and saved a LOT of money in the past few months.

October 25, 2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

I hear what you're saying, Kel.

Moderation and I will have to have a heart to heart and try to work out a middle ground......

October 25, 2005 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home