Friday, January 27, 2006

Grand Illusion

Here's a new Empty Chamber page for your viewing pleasure. This page has something I almost never use..... speed lines.

For a long time, they seemed like a cheat to me. I viewed them as a quick way to fill in the negative space and, thus, skimp on drawing backgrounds. I understood that, with proper use, they can convey the illusion of movement..... but they still felt like a cheat. They have their place in the language of comic book iconography. The thing is, it's only just recently that I started to feel comfortable with using them in my work.

And they make drawing pages faster!

Last post's title was a song title from:
The Politics of Dancing by Re-Flex

The politics of dancing
The politics of ooo feeling good
The politics of moving
Is this message understood

4 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Alaskan said...

Page won't enlarge so I can't really see it well. :(

January 27, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Damn, I know.... I'm at work so I'll have to wait till I get home to upload the page again.

GRRRRRRRR..... this has never happened before.....

January 27, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Well - they also explode an image if you don't use them all the time - really make something pop and stand out from the rest of the page.

Looking good in tiny form - you keep this up and I won't need to buy Empty Chamber.*




*Just kidding, Dave.

January 27, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Yeah, I may have to stop showing pages..... you'll all know the story before it's even out, yet! (If I've done job right....)

January 28, 2006 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home