Monday, May 01, 2006

Come Together

I've been curbing my online time for the past few weeks, thus my lack of blogging. I'm finding it tough to get to the computer as much as I use to, what with becoming a fulltime Stay-at-home Dad. And, not only that but the NHL playoffs have started, and anyone who knows me will confirm that I like my hockey. Especially when it's playoff time! If only my Atlanta Thrashers had made it in.....

A. David and I have managed to get a few talented people on board to make our comic, Empty Chamber, even stronger! Jeremy Mohler has been tapped to do the covers! Jeremy has an amazing color palette and air tight compositional skills. Jenn Rodgers has agreed to enhance my black and white pages with her impressive grayscaling expertise! And last, but by no means least, we have added Kel Nuttall for his lettering prowess! This, if I may say so, is a killer team of artists that will make this book exponentially better. A. David and I are so stoked! (well, I know I am..... I don't know if Dave gets stoked..... but excited, I'm sure!)

And, the San Diego Comic Con is just over 2 months away. Things are really starting to come together nicely!

Last post's title was a song title from:
Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent d'Arby by Terence Trent d'Arby

Actually, this is a pretty good record.... once you can get past his overinflated ego.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Exner III said...

You got lucky, Jase. My Stars make it in, and then promptly go and LOSE THREE OVERTIME THRILLERS AND THE SERIES!!!

My Dad was happy about it though...

May 02, 2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Well, I think I'd take getting into the playoffs and losing (which would have been the case, as they would have had to play Ottawa!) than not getting in at all.

But, yeah, when you're the no.2 seeded team in the conference, and the Stanley Cup expectations are much higher for your team, losing in the first round is a pretty hard pill to swallow.

May 03, 2006 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm torn as whether to reply to this, since the Stars lost to the Avs, but the Avs aren't looking good against the Ducks. Where's my shotgun?

Hopefully they win tonight, or it's just one more game and they go home.

May 09, 2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

WOW! Lupul got all 4 goals in the 4-3 win over the Av's! Bye Bye Colorado......

Looks like Brian Burke made the right decision to get outta Vancouver! :)

May 09, 2006 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lupul must die ... heh. Incredible performance by Lupul.

Well there's always next year.

May 11, 2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home