Monday, February 27, 2006

The Waiting

Since my next comic shipment from DCBS is still in the mail, I've been jonesing for some comics! Luckily, I have "The Pile" to go to in desperate times like this.

Dipping in to said pile, I came out with the Codeflesh trade. I got this recently at a local comic shop that was having a sale. No, really. A comic shop that actually had a sale on trades! It was a "buy 2 get the 3rd one free" sale. I picked up the Codeflesh tpb, Y: The Last Man vol4 tpb and the Whiteout: Melt trade by Rucka/Lieber.

Anyways, Codeflesh was a great little book! My main draw to it was the fact that Joe Casey wrote it. I've been really digging the Casey stuff I've read over the past few years, Automatic Kafka and Godland in particular. I was not expecting to like the art so much, though. I know Charlie Adlard's work through The Walking Dead book and I like it. It's just not amazing me, you know? But, his work in Codeflesh was excellent. I think the lack of grayscales in Codeflesh made Adlard work harder in giving Codeflesh's world more visual substance.

I really got a kick out of this book and wished there was enough support for it to see more stories.

Last post's title was a song title from:
Sign In Please by Autograph

This was Autograph's first and only hit.
80's hairband rock at it's best!