Friday, September 01, 2006

No Face. No Name. No Number.

Ok. Here's the problem. Michael May and I are putting together this comic book that has a great deal of giant robots fighting giant monsters. It's not that the book won't be dealing with more complex issues, it definitely will, but the struggle between the robots and monsters will be a main force driving the plot. So, the title of the book should be a good indicator as to what's under the four color cover, right? And, that brings us back to the problem..... what should we call it?

I'm asking (hell, pleading) for your important input and insight. Of the three titles that have managed to bubble to the top on the naming cauldron; 1) Robots vs Monsters, 2) Robots Kill Monsters, and 3) Forces of Nature, which one do you think is the one we should go with? Please leave a comment and let me know which one is best.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about your choice, too! And, if you have a better name (and would be willing it let us use it if we like it) please feel free to suggest a name.

Thanks!

5 Comments:

Blogger ADL said...

I think ROBOTS KILL MONSTERS is the strongest title of the ones you put on your blog: It's very Warren Ellis-y ("EDISON HATES FUTURE," etc.). It's sharp.

September 03, 2006 6:54 PM  
Blogger Mike Exner III said...

I think I like FORCES OF NATURE the best. ROBOTS KILL MONSTERS is a close second, but to me "FON" reminds me of hurricanes, tornadoes, and tsunamis and all that good (good?) stuff. Big monsters are disasters waiting to happen that cause an amazing amount of devastation. They really are forces of nature, so I think the title is apt.

Also... do robots take on monsters in this, or is it just men behind machinery? I haven't seen the big robot yet.

...Yet.

September 04, 2006 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tie: Robots vs Monsters
Robots Kill Monsters.

Forces of nature doesn't have the same zing as either.

Nuv,
the Robot-Monster-East Indian Fury

September 07, 2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Votes for all three names...... Man, you guys aren't helping me out here! :)

Thanks for all your input. I think Michael and I have decided on "The" name. I just have to confer with him one more time, just to make sure.... more soon!

September 08, 2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Michael May said...

"I think Michael and I have decided on "The" name. I just have to confer with him one more time, just to make sure..."

We have. One of us just needs to say it out loud and make it Official. :)

September 14, 2006 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home