Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Who'll Stop The Rain

I haven't talked hockey for quite a while. The main reason is that the Thrashers are in the midst of a serious goaltending problem and are struggling. They've lost both no.1 goalie Kari Lehtonen AND no.2 goalie Mike Dunham to the dreaded groin injury.

Ouch.

Groins are a tricky thing to come back from. All you can really do is not do anything. Time heals all wounds and all that jazz. So, in the meantime, Atlanta has had to go with their 3rd and 4th string 'tenders and to say that the results have been unfortunate would be an understatement. Although Adam Berkhoel played a heck of a game against New Jersey on Saturday and got his first NHL win, I forsee some rough waters ahead. There is talk of Steve Shields signing on to help the Thrashers. That would be ok, I guess. Heck, it can be anyone with some NHL experience.... as long as it's not "The Cat", Felix Potvin.

Anyone but The Cat.......

Last post's title was a song title from:
Green by REM

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason Copland said...

Well, I think I'd probably make the other pros angry... you know, cuz I didn't "pay my dues" and all that. Plus, I'd be ostracized for my unique playing style.

;)

October 26, 2005 10:11 AM  
Blogger alex-ness said...

"unique playing style" with every goal you allow you jump up and down and cry and pout?

October 26, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Well.... there is pouting involved.....

October 26, 2005 1:59 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Wait a minute...

Why the hell are you an Atlanta fan?

October 26, 2005 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home