Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ritual (Nous Sommes Du Soleil)

click image to see it bigger
Here is a fully coloured Braids of the Gorgon page! This is the first page of the pitch Ken, James and I are putting together.

Colouring my comic art is relatively new to me, the only other colouring I've done was on my 5 page Dear Santa story, "Whatever It Takes" and the 14 page Trickster tale I drew. So, yeah, colouring is still pretty much a "learn as I go" experience. I posted an earlier version of the colours for this page up at Digital Webbing and got a few great critiques, especially the amazing post from pro colorist Nick Filardi, which helped me improve the page. I think it's "done" now, but I never can really tell when something is done.

I'm now almost finished colouring the third page of the pitch. The colouring is getting a little faster, but not any easier.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Short said...

looks great. The greyed lines in the background of panel 2 is really nice. Also the variation in color on the temple walls in panel 3 is nice as well. Great job.

December 17, 2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Mike! The greyed out lines were a suggestion of Nick's. That's why he's the pro colorist! :)

December 17, 2008 10:55 PM  
Blogger Michael May said...

I think we've totally found our KAM colorist.

December 21, 2008 6:51 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

HA! Only if we want KAM! to come out in 2017! ;)

December 22, 2008 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home