Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Brother, Can You Spare a Channel?


The start of the 2005-2006 NHL season is fast approaching and I'm very happy about that. The loss of a full season was something I knew was going to happen when the whole lockout situation reared it's ugly head. Truth be told, I thought the lockout was going to drag into this season, as well. Luckily, the NHLPA and NHL pulled their collective heads out of their collective asses and got a collective bargining agreement done! Now comes the hard part....... Watching hockey on tv.

Jackie and I don't have cable. We can get a few channels with our rabbit ears, one of them being the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). It's the only channel we get that broadcasts NHL hockey. But this year, the CBC has it's own lockout situation going on. The CFL has already pulled most of their games from the CBC due to very poor coverage. Can the NHL be far behind? I've heard a few rumours that the lockout will end before the NHL season starts but I wouldn't bet on it. Without the CBC, I won't get to watch hockey. I guess since I've already waited a year to see NHL hockey, I can make it till the CBC lockout is resolved....... But, I just won't like it.