Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Just What I Needed

I scored a few major Boxing Day deals yesterday when I went down to my LCS (Local Comic Shop... for those non comic book people out there).

The first one was the Alien Legion graphic novel that Marvel published in 1986. I picked this baby up for 50% it's original cover price of $6.95 Canadian! I've been eyeing the new Alien Legion trades that Checker has been putting out which collect all the Marvel issues. But, they're pretty pricey.... So this puppy fills my immediate AL need very nicely!

I managed to pick up the 7th volume of the wickedly entertaining STRAY BULLETS, by David Lapham, for 75%! Actually, I picked up volumes 3,4 & 5 for 50% off at last year's Boxing Day sale.

And.. the last and best deal of the day was getting the MURDER ME DEAD trade at 75% off! I have been thinking about getting this book for quite a while, as I love STRAY BULLETS, and there it was, like a shining beacon of Christmas Joyousness..ness.... ah, you know what I mean.

There you have it. Another great Boxing Day of comic book deals! Now I have to save my "extra" money for the deals at this summer's San Diego Comic Con...... and the suitcases to get them home.

I'm going to cut into these as soon as I get some time...... maybe next Christmas!

Last post's title was a song title from:
The 12" Album by Howard Jones

Another one of those songs that was released on as a new track on an album of remixes/greatest hits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Alien Legion was a very cool book. I still have all the individual issues. Same with Stray Bullets, I have no idea where they are, but I know I have a complete run.

December 29, 2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

I had the first 6 or 7 issues of the first volume of Alien Legion back when they came out. It was around that time I stopped buying comics. I lost a lot of my old comics in a move from Calgary, years ago. Those Alien Legion ones were in that box that didn't make the trip.....

I've got a bunch of individual issues of Stray Bullets but not the whole series. The trades were such a good deal that I couldn't pass them up.

December 29, 2005 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home