Thursday, May 25, 2006

Listen

I know you've been dying to hear what are the latest albums I've been listening to as I push the ink around my pages! Well, wonder no more!

First up....
Tool's new disc - 10000 Days
This was released on May 2 and it's been in my cd player pretty much non-stop since. It's growing on me. I think it's a solid record but it just hasn't hit me as hard as their previous releases did. The packaging for this cd is unbelievable! It's got a couple of lens that you look at the interior artwork through, which turn the 2D images into 3D images! But don't look through them too long.... it'll give you headaches.....

Next in heavy rotation is
Genesis' 2cd live disc - Seconds Out
This is a live album that features a Peter Gabriel-less Genesis lineup. When Peter left the group, Phil Collins was thrust into the lead vocal duties. He managed to sing the Gabriel material quite well.... and that is coming from a huge fan of the Gabriel years of the band!

And lastly,
Steve Hackett's solo album - Spectral Mornings
Hackett was the guitarist for Genesis up until the completion of the Wind and Wuthering tour, which was from where the Seconds Out album was recorded, strangely enough. This was Steve's third solo album. It is a interesting mix of material that shows the diversity of his tastes and skills. This record is only for the lovers of Prog Rock. If you don't know what "prog rock" is, keep your distance from this one!

Ok. Time for me to hit the drawing table..... and throw on the Tool!

Last post's title was a song title from:
Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles

This album has the dubious distinction of being the only Beatles album I've ever disliked. Hell, I even sold it to a used place. There are a couple of great songs on it (Fool On The Hill and I Am The Walrus), I'll give you that, but too much of it felt like filler.

4 Comments:

Blogger YildirayCinar said...

I love Tool and the last album rocks!!!

June 03, 2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Yeah, I'm really starting to like this new Tool disc more and more.

June 03, 2006 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up Jason?
It's your ex-wednesday sidekick, the inimitable Nuv.
How's playing Mr. Mom treating you?
It's not the same around here without you.
As your deputy I'm doing my best to police level 4.
Hope you're well..
Nuv

June 09, 2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Nuv!

I'm going to write to you very soon. I promise!

Thanks for droppin' by the site!

June 11, 2006 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home