Saturday, May 20, 2006

Magical Mystery Tour

Whoa... hold the presses!!! This just in!
I've just added a new title to my DCBS order for this month. It's called The Tourist, written by Brian Wood & drawn by Toby Cypress. Why did I add this to my order, you ask....? Well, I stumbled upon an article featuring Toby's new project, Rodd Racer, on The Pulse and was knocked out by the artwork it showcased. The article also made mention that Toby had just collaborated with Wood on a graphic novel called The Tourist that just hit the stands. Luckily, it was still listed on DCBS' site and I made sure I added it to my order! Toby's work reminds me of a few very talented comic artists that I love..... Paul Pope, Tony Salmons, Kent Williams and Bill Sienkiewicz. He has a great sense of balance, movement and line quality. Very inspiring work! Anyways.....here's the solicitation blurb that was in the previews catalogue:

When Moss arrives in a remote coastal village on the North Sea, he is welcomed as what he appears to be: a somewhat grubby American backpacker. He gets contract work on the offshore oil rig and courts Julie Tucker, a local café owner and single mother. Gradually the town begins to realize just who it is they're harboring: a Special Forces soldier gone AWOL-turned-smuggler, and, if that wasn't bad enough, he has a lot of really rough bastards riding into town after him. The safety of the town and the woman he loves vs. the successful conclusion of a very lucrative drug deal which will Moss choose?

Product Code: MAY061926

So there you have it!

Last post's title was a song title from:
Shake Your Money Maker by The Black Crowes

I still think the Crowes' second album is their best, but this debut record has some very rockin' stuff on it, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home