Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Comeeks!

I got my shipment of comics from Discount Comic Book Service (DCBS) today! I love this service. I've been toying with the idea of buying all my comics through DCBS. Truth is, I hate going to my comic shop here in Vancouver. Their lack of indie comic support, their US$ to CAN$ price gouging on said indie comics, and their overall disinterest in customer service have been bugging me for quite some time. The only reason I go to it is because it's conveniently located near my workplace. But as I purchase more comics through DCBS, the more I realize that I can live without the weekly trips to the comic store. Plus, the discounts that I can get through DCBS are excellent! Here's what was in this shipment:
  • ELK'S RUN #3
  • WESTERN TALES OF TERROR #5
  • TED NOODLEMAN: BYCYCLE DELIVERY BOY TP
  • SAMURAI EXECUTIONER VOL2
  • SAMURAI EXECUTIONER VOL3
  • LONE WOLF AND CUB VOL17
  • LONE WOLF AND CUB VOL18
  • LONE WOLF AND CUB VOL21
  • LONE WOLF AND CUB VOL22
  • AVENGERS: KREE SKRULL WAR TP
  • FRAGILE TP
  • METABARONS VOL 1 TP
  • ULTIMATES VOL HC
  • SHAOLIN COWBOY #3

That finishes off my Lone Wolf and Cub collection. Now I've got to find some time to sit and read them all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael May said...

Ooh, that looks like some good readin' right there. I need to get me some more Lone Wolf and Cub. Metabarons has always sounded interesting too.

September 28, 2005 7:45 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

What an excellent draw. Especially ER3 and WToT5.

September 28, 2005 8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, I used to buy all my comics through mail-order (Westfield Comics) back in the day. Until we got a half decent comic shop. If it wasn't here, I'd be buying all my stuff from Cameron at DCBS.

September 28, 2005 9:05 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

MM - You gotta check out the Metabarons. The artwork by
Juan Gimenez is unbelievable. And the story is typical Jodorowsky.....epic and mindbending.

J-Rod - I just read Elk's Run. Wow. If people don't hop on this book.... (Jason shakes his head in disbelief)

Ed - I love getting my books from DCBS, but getting into new series is hard. As you know, I have to order stuff monthes before I can actually see if I want it. For a new monthly title, I'd have to commit to getting the first few issues without knowing if I'm really going to like it. Like Warmaggedon..... I've ordered the first 2 issues, but have no idea if I'm really going to like it.....

September 29, 2005 1:28 AM  
Blogger The Mad Alaskan said...

I get about 95% of my books from DCBS these days. I pick up a few things local just to have some kind of connection with the staff for when I have my own books come out...not that management does a whole lot to help me push anything local, but the staff is cool. I also pick up new series stuff there if I'm not pretty sure it's something I'll like...then, if it's more than a 3 or 4 issue mini I usually switch over to getting it through DCBS.

September 29, 2005 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home