Monday, October 31, 2005

Rock In This Pocket (Song of David)

I just wanted to share another page from A. David Lewis' (and mine) EMPTY CHAMBER. Not much to say about it.

I think it's pretty good.

Actually, this page is a great example of the collaborative nature of which ADL and I have. The script called for 5 panels. After I worked on the rough layout for the page, I came to the conclusion that, for me, the page would be stronger with 2 extra panels (panel 1 and 4 on the page to the left) that helped pace the dialogue and added some variety in shots. ADL agreed and was very willing to adjust the script accordingly.

A. Dave is a treat to work with.


Last post's title was a song title from:
Hell To Pay by The Jeff Healey Band

Some good old boys from Canada. George Harrison contributes on their cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Great stuff!

5 Comments:

Blogger ADL said...

Hear that, you bastards? I'm a treat! I'm a [CENSORED] treat!! SO TAKE THAT, DAD!!!

...whoa. Got some repression issues to deal with there, don't I?

Ahem. Anyhow, it's obvious that Jason continues to fashion some wonderful stuff that only makes the story that much stronger and richer. I'm very, very excited about this project's release next year.

Oh, and just FYI, y'all, here's the actual page of script that Jason had to contend with to draw that page. Enjoy!

November 01, 2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Love that first panel.

November 01, 2005 7:26 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

ADL - I can't see it.....?

Jason - Thanks! Yeah, I really like that one and panel 6.

November 01, 2005 9:05 PM  
Blogger The Mad Alaskan said...

Checking out the dialogue and matching it up with the page.....well, it makes me even MORE excited about our upcoming collaboration! The panels you added definately compliment the page.

November 02, 2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger Jason Copland said...

Thanks, Kel!
I have a tendency to lean towards the decompression style of storytelling... taking a panel here and there to puncuate the individual moments more. And sometimes, I do it just to fit the layout better. Thankfully, ADL and I are on the same page 99.99% of the time!

:)

November 02, 2005 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home